FREE Massive Open Online Course ‘Exploring English: Shakespeare’ | For students
Date(s) - 11/01/2016
As part of the British Council Shakespeare Lives 2016 campaign, the British Council has partnered with Shakespeare Birthplace Trust and FutureLearn to offer a FREE Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) entitled Exploring English: Shakespeare.
We would be grateful if you could promote this free British Council MOOC to your APPI members so that they can encourage their students to enrol and participate. It is an excellent opportunity for learners to find out more about Shakespeare and his plays while improving their English language skills!
- ·When? The Exploring English: Shakespeare MOOC begins on 11 January 2016, but students should enrol now!
- ·Who is it for? The material is designed for non-native English speakers who have studied English to around intermediate level (approximately B1 on the CEFR).
- ·Objective? To improve English language skills by looking at the life and works of William Shakespeare and his enduring popularity.
- ·How? Students go to https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/explore-english-shakespeare and click on ‘join now’.
- ·Duration? 6 weeks – 2 hours study per week.
- ·Cost? It’s free!
Teachers can use the Exploring English: Shakespeare MOOC PowerPoint attached to explain this opportunity to their students – Teacher’s Notes included!