- Master in Education, branch of Pedagogical Supervision, the Department of Education, Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, 1989;
- Pedagogical Sciences Course, Faculdade de Letras da Universidade de Coimbra, 1973;
- Degree in English and German Philology, Faculdade de Letras da Universidade de Lisboa, 1968;
- Chairman of the APPI executive board since 1998;
- Assistant lecturer at the Faculdade de Psicologia e de Ciências da Educação da Universidade de Lisboa, between 1990 and 2003;
- Teacher trainer of English teachers in in-service education since 1975;
- Co-author of the book "Learning my way", published in nine languages, and the multimedia CD-ROM "Learning My Way", both products of the project Socrates Grundtvig, Council of Europe, 2003.
Alberto Gaspar doesn't hold any course at the moment.